As a Website Visitor
The privacy of our website visitors is important to us so we do not track any individual people. As a visitor to the wantlister.com website:
- No personal information is collected
- No information, such as cookies or local storage, is stored in the browser
- No information is sold to third-parties
- No information is shared with advertising companies
- No information is mined and harvested for personal and behavioral trends
- There is no attempt to correlate your identity or activities with any other website
We use a EU-based privacy-oriented analytics provider, Plausible, to collect some anonymous usage data for statistical purposes. The goal is to track overall trends in our website traffic, it is not to track individual visitors. All the data is in aggregate only. No personal data is collected.
Data collected includes referral sources, top pages, visit duration, information from the devices (device type, operating system, country and browser) used during the visit and more. You can see full details in Plausible's data policy.
As a Wantlister Application User
Our goal is to collect only what we need and to only use the information to provide you with the service you signed up for.
We use a small number of trusted external service providers. These providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection, data privacy and security standards. We only share information with them that is required for the services offered.
Here's what that means:
- An email address is required to create an account. You need to provide us with your email address if you want to create a Wantlister account. That's so you can log in and personalize your new account, and we can send you invoices, updates or other essential information.
- Wantlister uses "cookies". Like any other web technology powered application, a persistent, first-party cookie is stored to remember you're logged in. We don't use any 3rd party cookies.
- Hosted in Amazon Web Services in Ohio. All of the first party services and data storage is with Amazon Web Services. The vast majority of the application services and data storage are in Ohio, in the United States.
- Payment processing is handled by a third-party payment provider. If you choose to upgrade to a paid plan, the billing information and the payment process is handled by a 3rd party, either Paypal, Apple or Google.
- Emails are sent using Amazon Web Services. Transactional emails are sent with AWS SES.
- User feedback is powered by a 3rd party service When you write to us with a suggestion or a question, that feedback is handeled by a privacy-oriented 3rd party service, Doorbell.io. We keep that correspondence, which includes the email address, so that we have a history of past correspondences to reference if you reach out in the future. We use this data solely in connection with answering the questions we receive.
Wantlister follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log requests to websites. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, date and time stamp, referring/exit pages. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends and administering the site.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Wantlister does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
We may update this policy as needed to comply with relevant regulations and reflect any new practices. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also announce them on our social media profiles.
Last updated: April 20th, 2023